In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Dispenser of Mercy
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Office of the Presidency of Islamic Research and Legal Verdicts
The Office of the General Mufti
From ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin ‘Abdullah Ibn Baaz, to the respected and honourable sons from the callers to Allah – Glory be to Him – in the country of Kuwait, may Allah assist them in that which contains His Pleasure, and increase them in knowledge and Imaan, Ameen.
Salaamun ‘Alaikum wa-raHmatullahi wa-barakaatuhu, to proceed.
Shaikh Ahmad Bazmool said: And the issue that follows is that the Salafi youth should know that asking the scholars and relaying to them the conditions of the callers is not from searching for the mistakes (of one’s brother). Rather it is from taking knowledge from its people and from commanding the good and prohibiting the evil. Therefore, if a person becomes known and matters which conflict with the way of the Salaf become apparent from him it is obligatory to ask and leave the clarification of such a person’s condition to the scholars so that others would not deviate.
المسألة التي تليها هي
أن يعلم الشباب السلفي أن سؤال العلماء وتبليغهم عن أحوال الدعاة ليس من باب تتبع العورات ولا الزلات بل هو من باب أخذ العلم من أهله وباب من الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر فإذا ظهر شخص وظهرت منه أمور مخالفة للسلف فلابد من بيان حاله للعلماء وسؤالهم عنه حتى لا يزل غيره من النا
Very interesting remarks. If you cross Abu Khadijah and friends, they will report you to their noble flag carriers of Jarh wat-Ta’deel, as they recently reported a brother for “taking his wife to the movies”!
This is quite rich given the “serial marriage” antics (amongst other shameless behavior) many members of the Elite Salafi Club get up to!
Adapted from Kashf al-Haqa'iq al-Khafiyyah'Inda Mudda'i al-Salafiyyah (Exposing the Hidden Realities of the Fake Salafis) by 'Abd al-Aziz al-'Usaymi, Makkah, KSA
The following are some characteristics of the Hizbi methodology:
- Their severe attacks against te scholars and sincere du’at, seeking to drop them “off the Manhaj” and declare them “Qutbis”, Hizbis”, “Takfiris”, etc.
- They are deep in partisanship and they call to it under the slogan of Salafiyyah.
- A knee-jerk reaction to all views that conflict with their ahwa and the principles that they call to
- They sense that most people – to say nothing of the learned amongst them – consider their views strange.
As a result of this false principle and their extreme application of it, they end up contradicting the Manhaj of the Salaf for critiquing others and passing judgment on them. In fact, their methodology is in clear conflict with the principles employed by Shaykh al-Islam ibn Taymiyyah in his writings and fatawa, may Allah have mercy on him, to pass judgment about innovators. This is even though their opponents are not innovators; they are from Ahl as-Sunnah! You can judge for yourself by comparing his principles with the reality of their unjust refutations against their brothers from the Du’at and scholars whom they have attacked without any justification except following Hawa and the desires of their diseased souls.
The Principles of Shaykh al-Islam for Passing Judgment Against the Innovators
These principles are drawn from the book of Dr. Ahmad al-Hulaybi, Usul al-Hukm ‘Alal-Mubtadi’ah ‘Inda Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (The Principles for Passing Judgment on Innovators in the View of Ibn Taymiyyah), published by Dar al-Fadilah:
- Seeking excuses for the people of piety and virtue any time they fall into innovation out of Ijtihad, and interpreting their problematic statements in the best light possible. (Abul-Hasan al-Ma’ribi was declared a heretic by Rabee al-Madkhali for espousing this principle)
- When a Mujtahid errs – whether in fundamental or subsidiary issues – he should not be deemed sinful. Even more so, he should not be declared deviant or a disbeliever.
- Excusing the innovator on account of his ijtihad does not mean consenting to the innovation he fell into, or permitting others to follow him in it. It is obligatory to rebut his innovation if needed while maintaining proper adab.
- Not passing judgment on the one who fell into innovation that he is from Ahl al-Ahwa’ wal-Bida’ or having enmity for him on its account, except if the innovation is well-known to the scholars of the Sunnah and severe.
- No one who has fallen into error in creed or something else can be judged to be doomed for certain, nor can any group be judged for certain to be from the Seventy-Two Astray Sects unless its error is severe.
- Caution must be exercised in regards to studying the state of a person who has done something that results in kufr or fisq before judging him to be a kafir or fasiq, lest he be judged kafir or fasiq without establishing hujjah against him.
- Efforts should be made to bring the hearts together and to unify the ranks. Care should be taken not to let differences in secondary issues of Aqidah, etc. be a cause for breaking the bonds of brotherhood and loyalty and animosity (al-wala’ wal-bara’) between Muslims.
- Being just in mentioning the praiseworthy and blameworthy qualities of the innovators, accepting the truth that they have, and rejecting their falsehood.
These principles are in agreement with the balanced methodology of this Ummah which Allah has made “a middle nation” (ummatan wasatan) This is the methodology of the Salaf as-Salih… but do they have any Salaf?!?
Some of the noble salafi brothers from America requested from me that I present a true picture to Sheikh Rabee’ Ibn Hadi Al Madkhali of what happened with our brother for the sake of Allah, Shadeed Muhammad. To present it truthfully and honestly while knowing that Allah is watching over me. So Allah granted me the opportunity on Sunday night on the 6th of Sha’ban in the year 1431 H, I sat with the Sheikh and vividly clarified to him the reality of the situation and his response was as follows: (more…)
Q: It is known that Shaykh Rabee bin Haadee al-Madkhalee is the Shaykh of al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel. I heard a tape by him titled The Stance of Ahl us-Sunnah Against Bid’ah. In this tape, he warned against Shaykh Adnan Aal Aroor, and this has caused a commotion here in Algeria. What are your thoughts, O noble shaykh?
Sh. Bakr Abu Zayd, may Allah have mercy on him, is universally regarded amongst Ahl al-Sunnah as one of the great scholars of this generation and he was a member of al-Lajnah al-Da’imah, the leading scholarly body for issuing Fatwa in Saudi Arabia. For years, the Madkhalis have slandered him in private – and sometimes in public. In a recent tape Rabee’s protege, Muhammad al-Madkhali, continues that trend:
… the author of this work, al-Tasnif, is Bakr Abu Zayd, and he has passed on to Allah…
As for his book, unfortunately, he aided none but the People of Desires (Ahl al-Ahwa’) by it, and he fell from the time he wrote in defense of Syed Qutb and in refutation of the one who clarified his errors, out of sincerity to the Muslims, and he is our Shaykh, Shaykh Rabee, may Allah preserve him… Rabee bin Hadi al-Madkhali, may Allah preserve him.
After he wrote this book, he fell (i.e. off the manhaj) and he no longer had any standing in the eyes of the Salafis. This is a fulfillment of the words of Amir al-Mu’minin Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, “Men are known by the truth. The truth is not known by men.” (more…)
When ‘Abdullah bin Salam, may Allah be pleased with him, accepted Islam, he wanted to reveal to the Prophet, peace be upon him, one of the qualities of the Jews. He said, “O Messenger of Allah, the Jews are a people given to falsehood. So hide me and ask them about my status amongst them before they learn that I am a Muslim.”
A group of them came to the Prophet and he asked them, “What is the status of Abdllah bin Salam amongst you?”
They said, “He is the best of us and the son of the best of us. He is our master and the son of our master. He is our most learned and the son of our most learned.”
Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, asked them, “What if Abdullah bin Salam were to accept Islam?”
They said, “May Allah save him from that.”
Abdullah then came out and said, “I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is Allah’s Messenger.”
They began to say, “The worst of us and the son of the worst of us…” and similar remarks.
This is a quality of the Jews: exaggerating in praising the one who agrees with them and then exaggerating in condemning him once he differs with them. (more…)
One of Rabee al-Madkhali’s best known sidekicks, Muhammad b. Hadi al-Madkhali, defending the SPUBS buffoons and attacking other Madkhalis who don’t like SPUBS (may Allah continue to keep these heretics preoccupied with one another): (more…)
On Friday, the 25th of June 2010 (14 Rajab 1431H), the following question was posed to the Shaykh al-‘Allaamah Rabee’ Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee:
“O Shaykh, as you are aware, there are no scholars in Britain, but is there anyone residing there that you advise us with, who can connect us to the people of knowledge?”
The Shaykh, may Allaah preserve him, mentioned: Our brother Hasan as-Somali (who was present in the gathering), Abu Khadeejah and his companion (Abu Hakeem). (more…)