Khalid al-Anbari – another officially declared Murji
Khalid al-‘Anbari is another one of the leaders of the contemporary Murji sect. He was declared a Murji, and his books were further banned by the leading scholars of our time, including Shaykh ‘Abd al-Aziz Aal al-Shaykh, Shaykh Salih al-Fawzan, Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd and Shaykh Abdullah al-Ghudayan.
However, the innovators in the West continue to cling on to these misguiding innovators, despite of clear cut warnings from the senior scholars of Saudi Arabia. The Murji centres in the UK who continue to invite Ali Hasan al-Halabi and Khalid al-Anbari include Brixton Mosque, Masjid al-Ghuraba in Luton and SalafiManhaj website.
Muslims are warned against Khalid al-Anbari and all centres that support him and his heresy. Below is the fatwa from The Permanent Body for Research and Legal Opinion against the heretic, Khalid al-‘Anbari, and by extension, all their supporters.
CLARIFICATION FROM THE PERMANENT BODY FOR RESEARCH AND LEGAL OPINION
REGARDING A BOOK WITH THE NAME: “RULING BY OTHER THAN WHAT ALLAH HAS
REVEALED AND THE PRINCIPLES OF TAKFEER”.
BY THE WRITER: “KHALID ALI AL-ANBAREE”
All praise is due to Allah and may the peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon his companions, and after that:
The Permanent body for research and legal opinion has reviewed the book bearing the name: “Ruling by other than what Allah has revealed and the Principles of takfeer” of the writer Khalid al-Anbari, and after having studied the book, it has become clear that it (the book) contains a breach (Ikhlaal) of the scholarly trust in that which he has reported from the scholars of Ahlus-sunnah wal-jamaah and distortion of the proofs from their (correct) meanings as understood from the arabic language and the goals of the Shariah. From examples of such is as follows:
1 – His distortion of the meanings of the proofs of Shariah and his manner of dealing with some of the texts narrated from the people of knowledge, by deleting or changing from the point of understanding, to other than the meaning intended in the first place.
2 – Interpretation of some of the sayings of the people of knowledge by that which does not agree with their position (on that issue).
3 – Lying upon the people of knowledge and that is in his attributing to the Allamah, the Shaykh Muhammad b. Ibrahim Aal al-Shaykh- may Allah have mercy on him – that which he did not say.
4 – His reporting of concensus (ijmaa) of ahlus-sunnah regarding absence of kufr of the one who ruled by other than what Allah has revealed in general legislations, except by making it permissible from the heart like the rest of the sins which are excluded from kufr. And this pure fabrication (mahadul-Iftiraa) upon ahlus-sunnah has its origins in ignorance (jahal) or evil intentions (soo’ al-Qasd) – we ask Allah for safety and good…
And due to that which has preceeded, the lajnah considers prohibition (tahreem) of printing (of the mentioned book), distribution and selling of it. We urge the writer to repent to Allah the most High, and to consult with the trustworthy people of Knowledge, to learn from them and to understand from them his errors, and we ask Allah for everyone, guidance, success and firmness upon Islam and the Sunnah and may the peace and blessings be upon the Prophet, his companions and his family.
The Permanent council for research and legal opinion.
‘Abd al-Aziz b. Abdullah b. Muhammad Aal al-Shaykh
Abdullah b. Abdur-Rahman al-Ghudayan
Salih b. Fawzan al-Fawzan
Bakr b. Abdullah Abu Zaid
1) The aforementioned senior scholars have read and studied the work of Khalid al-‘Anbari and have found it to have breached the scholarly trust. I.e. According to these scholars, Khalid al-‘Anbari cannot be trusted with knowledge.
2) The senior scholars unanimously accuse him of distorting the statements of scholars
3) The senior scholars unanimously accuse him of lying
4) The senior scholars accuse him of fabricating and attributing opinions to scholars due to either ignorance and/or evil intent.
5) The scholars further consider it Haram for him to publish his work, distribute or sell it, and further advise him to learn from the scholars.
6) Khalid al-‘Anbari, despite of being officially declared a Murji, a distorter, a liar, a jahil or an evil man, Brixton Mosque, Luton mosque and their affiliate Murji innovators continue to hold him in high regard, actively promote him and refer to his works.